A home in the Collegedale area was damaged by fire early Tuesday morning.
The homeowner made a frantic 911 call reporting a house fire at 5234 Loblolly Lane at 12:53 a.m. The Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department responded and arrived within minutes reporting a working structure fire with flames showing in the attic area.
With all residents out of the house, firefighters entered the home to find the utility room was full of smoke and there was fire in the attic. They were able to attack the fire quickly and extinguish it in 10 minutes.
Tri-Community VFD Assistant Chief, Dennis Thomason reported the house sustained about $5,000 in damages. No injuries were reported but Hamilton County EMS was at the scene for any potential injuries.
Chief Thomason said, “The fire started in the attic above the utility room due to an electrical problem.”