Among the crafters and vendors featured at the Mid-Town Celebrates event on Saturday, Sept. 13, Brainerd Village parking lot, are six neighborhood authors whose books range from Biblical exposition to murder mysteries.
1. Delighting in the Law of the Lord: Psalm 119 by Laura Brown
“A weekly Bible study, devotional, creative art journal, and prayer guide to a basic overview of Psalm 119”
2. Women of the Bible: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly by Sharon Cannon
“Get ready to take your Bible study and devotion to another dimension.
You may recognize women you know.”
3. Turtle to Butterfly by Greta Moon
“Find encouragement through the process of self-discovery.”
4. Listen: Wisdom and Wit for the Next Generation by Wayne S. Brown
“Come on out to the front porch and 'listen' to the life-giving advice and wisdom of our elders.”
5. The Ex-Club Tong Pang by Janis Hashe
“A comic suspense story set in 1980s Los Angeles.”
6. Non-Prophet Murders: a Grit and grace Mystery by Becky Wooley
“A satirical murder mystery that follows young, amateur detectives on a harrowing journey from the bonds of legalism to the wings of grace.”
7. Murder Intelligently Designed a Grit and grace Mystery by Becky Wooley
“Ben Stein, producer of the movie ‘Expelled,’ says ‘Murder Intelligently Designed is an astonishingly thoughtful, well written book that provides not only a compelling plot line, but insight into an immense social and academic issue.’"
"If you live in Chattanooga’s Mid-Town area, be neighborly. Come meet the talented crafters, business people, and authors who live just down the street," officials said.