A homeowner in Dallas Bay received minor burns to her hands trying to extinguish a kitchen fire on Saturday morning.
At 10:11 a.m., a 911 call was received reporting a kitchen fire at 8675 Arbutus Dr. The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded and arrived, reporting smoke showing from the house.
Firefighters entered the home to find the kitchen on fire. They extinguished the fire quickly and contained the damage to that one room.
According to Chief Markus Fritts, the cause of the fire was unattended cooking. The homeowner, Susan Irban, removed the burning pot from the stove that was on fire.
Hamilton County EMS personnel were on the scene to treat Ms. Irban's injuries.
Damages were listed at $10,000.