Fire caused substantial damage to a Hixson home early Saturday morning. Fortunately, no one was injured. The Chattanooga Fire Department received the alarm at 3 a.m. and responded to 6208 North Innsbrook Drive with five fire companies.
Battalion Chief Charles Patten said smoke and flames were visible in the attached garage when the first firefighters arrived. The two adults who were in the house at the time got out safely and were at a neighbor’s house across the street.
The fire appears to have started in the attached garage. Chief Patten said the flames consumed a car inside the garage and was spreading rapidly into the attic before firefighters finally got the blaze under control. The loss was estimated at around $100,000.
The cause of the fire is being ruled accidental, though what exactly sparked the blaze remains undetermined.