Fire damaged a home in the Dallas Bay area Tuesday night.
Paige Abernathy, the homeowner smelled smoke and found a trash can in the garage on fire. She called 911 around 11 p.m. reporting a garage fire at her residence.
The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded to 9411 West Ridge Trail and reported smoke coming from the garage. Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the fire in a trash can.
According to Markus Fritts, Dallas Bay VFD chief, the homeowner had been smoking in the garage and discarded the cigarette in a trash can. No injuries were reported, but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for any potential injuries.
Damages to the garage are valued at $10,000.