Bowers Automotive Group is adding three grid tied solar energy systems at Honda of Cleveland, Toyota of Cleveland and ABRA of Cleveland.
According to Green Earth Solar, the designer and installer of the projects, each system is rated at 50-kilowatts and consists of 160 solar panels with an estimated system life of 25 years. Through TVA’s Green Power Providers Program these systems increase the amount of renewable and sustainable energy on the grid.
Brad Cobb, president of Bowers Automotive Group, said, "Bowers Automotive Group is proud to support locally generated, renewable energy sources. This latest addition to our going green strategy is one more way we are making a difference in protecting our environment for future generations.”
Bowers Automotive Group has eight automobile dealerships and four body shops that utilize the following green strategies:
· In the process of replacing 70 percent of lighting with either low energy consumption LED or Florescent Induction Lighting (inside and outside) reducing total electrical consumption by 25 percent
· The lighting initiatives will remove over 1.9 million pounds of greenhouse gases each year
· Rain barrels to collect rain runoff and air-conditioning condensation for car wash and irrigation needs at two stores currently and a third and fourth in the building phase
· Motion Sensors in all facilities to automatically shut lights off in unoccupied rooms
· Waste oil recycling
· Paper products recycling
· High Speed clear service doors to minimize conditioned air and utilize natural light
· Use of energy efficient window film and energy efficient glass on all new builds
· Installation in the service shops of long wing fans to move air and minimize HVAC during moderate temperatures
Pursuing initiatives to conduct business with digital documents rather than paper
Nelson Bowers, CEO of Bowers Auto, said, “We increase the amount of renewable energy on the grid by directing the energy generated at these sites through TVA’s Green Power Providers program.”