Johnson, Annette Eileen Shemanski

Longtime 911 Operator For Chattanooga Police Department

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Annette Eileen Shemanski Johnson, 72, of Ringgold, Georgia, passed away on Tuesday, June 19, 2018.

She was born on May 19, 1946, to the late Joseph Harry Shemanski and Mary Ann Elizabeth Meisel Shemanski. Annette graduated in 1964 from St. Andrews High School in Michigan. She then graduated from MJ Murphy Beauty School and later became an instructor there as well. Annette retired in December, 2008 from the Chattanooga City Police Department as a 911 operator, after 14 years of service.  She was the former secretary at Frawley Road Baptist Church. 

Annette loved sewing, ancestry research, fishing, painting, playing the accordion and spending time with her grandkids. 

She was preceded in death by her husband, Edward M. Johnson and two brothers, James Joseph Shemanski and Thomas Raymond Shemanski.

Survivors include her loving children, James Joseph (Elita) Markey, Timothy Allan (Ruth) Markey and Karen Annette (James) Muntean; her siblings, Donald Shemanski, David Shemanski, Robert (Bethany) Shemanski and Kathleen (Steve) George; seven grandchildren; several nieces and nephews and her cat, Molly.

Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. on Friday, June 22, at Frawley Road Baptist Church, 510 Frawley Road, East Ridge, Tn. 37412, with Pastor Ken Wolfe officiating.  Interment will follow in Lakewood Memory Gardens, East.

The family will receive friends from 4-8 p.m. on Thursday, June 21, at Heritage Funeral Home, East Brainerd Road.

Please visit to share words of comfort.

Crawford, "General" Terry Stephen

“General” Terry Stephen Crawford, 59, of Chattanooga, went home to be with his Lord and Savior on Sunday, July 15, 2018. He was a lifelong resident of the Chattanooga area and was a member of Lighthouse Church. He was a retired Navy veteran having served during the Gulf War and Desert Storm. He served on the US Dwight E. Eisenhower CVN-69, the USS America CV-66 and the USS Constellation ... (click for more)

Clowers, "Coach" Wendell Lee

“Coach” Wendell Lee Clowers, 68, of Chattanooga, passed away Sunday, July 15, 2018 at his home. He was born in Cincinnati, Oh. Wendell graduated from Chattanooga City High School in 1968, where he was known as a hard throwing left-handed pitcher. After turning down an offer by the Houston Astros, he accepted a scholarship to the University of Tennessee, where he served as captain ... (click for more)

Harris, Howard Russell (LaFayette)

Howard Russell Harris, 89, of LaFayette, passed away on Tuesday, July 17, 2018, at Shepherd Hills surrounded by his loving family. He was a member of Calvary Baptist Church. He was preceded in death by his wife, Shirley Odum Harris; son, Gary “Red” Harris; grandson, Mark Wayne Harris; and brother, Richard “Buck” Harris. He is survived by his daughter, Tammy (Jerry) ... (click for more)

Prince, Doyle Lee (Old Fort)

Doyle Lee Prince, 78, a resident of Old Fort passed away Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at his home. Doyle served 53 years as a minister in the Church Of God currently pastoring Riceville Church of God. He was deeply loved and will be greatly missed by all who knew him. He was preceded in death by his parents, Russell Lee Prince and Visha Clementine Huskey Prince; siblings, Russell ... (click for more)

State Democrats Refile Suit In Hamilton County Seeking To Keep Robin Smith Off The Ballot

The Tennessee Democratic Party has refiled a lawsuit seeking to keep former state GOP Chairman Robin Smith off the ballot in the Aug. 2 primary ballot. Ms. Smith was the only candidate after Rep. Gerald McCormick surprisingly dropped out at a late hour of the House District 26 race. The lawsuit was initially filed in Davidson County, but was dismissed there. It has been refiled ... (click for more)

Firefighters Battle 2-Alarm Fire On Workman Road Tuesday Morning

Chattanooga firefighters were dispatched at 6:03 a.m. on Tuesday, to a commercial fire at 400 Workman Road. When the first firefighters arrived on the scene, flames were shooting through the roof and the request was immediately made for a second alarm response. The flames could be seen for miles as a total of 13 fire companies rushed to the scene. The large, two-story ... (click for more)