The Bradley County Sheriff’s Office has added to its website capsule information about known unsolved missing person cases the agency has investigated over the past 30 years.
The link, found at the top of the home page of bradleysheriff.com, goes to a page giving pertinent information about each person and the circumstances under which they were last seen.
Anyone who has information which could be helpful in finding these individuals is asked to get in contact with the BCSO Criminal Investigations Division by calling 728-7336. If calling after hours, leave your name and phone number on voice mail and the name of the missing person you are calling about. Or if you wish the information can be left anonymously.
Missing person’s cases on the website include:
• Heller Sample was 28 years old when she was last seen on Peach Orchard Hill Road in February 1983. Missing for 28 years, this is the oldest active missing person case in Bradley County Sheriff’s Office files.
• Patricia Louise Kelley disappeared in August of the same year. She was last seen on Wildwood Avenue and could have traveled to Florida.
• Nancy Debra “Debbie” Barr Willis was reported missing in March 1987 by her husband, Howard “Hawk” Willis, although other family members reported having their last contact with her several months earlier.
• Donnie Lee Payne has been missing for almost three years. A family member offered a reward for information shortly after his disappearance in 2008 but no new leads were developed. Payne was 73 years-old when he disappeared.
• Sandra Hale a.k.a. Sandra Plumley lived in Perry Georgia but had relatives in Bradley County. The person last seeing her in May 2005 included in the missing persons report that she had indicated plans to go to Chattanooga.
• Marsha Ellen Brantley is the most recent unsolved missing person case. She was last seen in May or June of 2009 but was not reported missing until November. The investigation was initially conducted by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation but in the summer of 2011 the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office joined the TBI to search for new information about the 51-year-old Ms. Brantley.
Those listed above are active cold cases of the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office and do not reflect missing person cases investigated by other law enforcement agencies.