Crabtree Farms is offering its 15th annual Fall Plant Sale and Festival on Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fun for the whole family, the Fall Plant Sale is the best place to shop for sustainably grown fruit, vegetable, and herb plants to enjoy throughout the upcoming cooler season.
“Some of my favorite vegetables grow best in the fall, including kale, Swiss chard, broccoli, and cauliflower,” said Crabtree Farms Educator, Rachel Gray. “It’s also the best time to plant your perennial fruit trees, blackberries, blueberries or figs.”
In addition to the abundance of Crabtree Farms plant starts for sale, 2 Angels Mushroom Farm will have spores and mushrooms available, Down to Earth will have culinary and medicinal herbs, and Trailhead Restoration Nursery will offer locally-propagated native plants. Folks from Master Gardeners of Hamilton County, Wild Ones: Tennessee Valley Chapter, and Crabtree Farms staff will be on hand to answer plant and gardening questions. Focus on your health and wellness with Natural Affinity Soap, REV Center for Optimal Living, and The Tonal Spine.
Children’s activities and face painting will be offered throughout the day. Just Us Gals will add to the day’s festivities with their lively tunes. Stomp your feet and sign along beginning at 11:30 a.m.
“Crabtree Farm’s Plant Sale is a day of fun for the whole family,” said Crabtree’s Community Outreach Manger, Avery Patten. “It kicks off the fall planting season with an air of excitement and provides inspiration to both first time and experienced fall gardeners.”
For those looking to expand their knowledge of gardening, this year’s Plant Sale and Festival workshop series features:
· 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Boost Your Fall Planting with Mushrooms led by Angel Miller of 2 Angels Mushroom Farm
· 11.00 a.m. to 12.00p.m - Fall Gardening Techniques presented by Joel Houser
· 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m - “Composting: Easy as Dirt” taught by Master Gardener Bud Hines
The free workshops will be held on-site in the Evelyn Center, and no pre-registration is required.
A list of available plants and more information about Crabtree Farms Fall Plant Sale and Festival can be found online at www.crabtreefarms.org or by calling 423-493-9155, x15.
- Directions to Crabtree Farms: 1000 East 30th St. Chattanooga 37407; Exit 180B from I-24, Right onto 30th Street, Follow event signs and 30th Street dead ends at our farm driveway
- Free Parking and Admission
- Crabtree accepts Cash, Credit Card, Check, and EBT (edible plants only)