Shortly after noon on Sunday, Chattanooga firefighters responded to a fire at The Lantern at Morning Point, at 7620 Shallowford Road.
Battalion Chief Brandon Schroyer said the firefighters located the fire in a laundry room, and with help from the facility's sprinkler system, contained the fire to that room. No injuries were reported.
Chief Schroyer said part of the assisted living facility near the fire was temporarily evacuated as a precaution, while the rest of the residents and staff were asked to shelter in place until the emergency was over.
Chief Schroyer said the fire appears to have started in or near a clothes dryer. The cause of the fire will be ruled accidental.