A family from Flat Top Mountain lost its home Saturday afternoon to fire.
At 3:45 p.m., the homeowner called 911 reporting a house fire at 2473 Shirley Loretta Lane. The Flat Top Volunteer Fire Department responded and arrived on the scene confirming a fully-involved house fire. Chief Danny Welch, Flat Top VFD, reported the homeowners noticed fire coming from the front porch area. They attempted to put the fire out with a garden hose but were unsuccessful.
They evacuated the house without injuries and called 911. The house is a total loss and was valued at $55,000. The cause of the fire is accidental. The family had no insurance.
The American Red Cross is responding to assist the family with their emergency needs.