A house fire in the Dallas Bay area was ruled accidental by fire officials Monday evening.
Around 5:10 p.m., a 911 call was made reporting a small fire in a bedroom.
The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded to 6256 Old Dayton Pike and arrived on the scene reporting a fire in a bedroom. Firefighters worked quickly to contain the fire to the one bedroom.
Fire officials reported the fire started from an elderly woman who discarded her smoking material in a plastic garage can. An elderly man was treated on the scene by Hamilton County EMS for smoke inhalation but was not transported to the hospital. No other injuries were reported.
Damages are estimated at $15,000. The American Red Cross was requested to the fire scene to take care of three adults with their immediate needs.