The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a reported apartment fire at 2.37 p.m. on Sunday, at the Chateau Royale, at Germantown Road.
Upon arrival, the electrical fire had been extinguished by a next-door neighbor.
Firefighters shut off the electricity to the apartment and began checking for fire extension.
No one was injured.
The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental due to faulty electrical equipment.
The American Red Cross responded and assisted with one adult and one child who were displaced due to the fire.
The property loss is estimated at $1,500.