Shortly after 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Chattanooga firefighters responded to a reported structure fire at 1109 Greenwood Road.
When Engine 15 arrived they reported light smoke coming from the roof vents.
A neighbor saw the smoke and used a garden hose to spray on the fire until the firefighters arrived. The firefighters then used a hand-held hoseline to make sure the fire was completely out.
Battalion Chief David Thompson Jr. said that after further investigation, it was determined that the fire started from the front porch roof. The ceiling for the front porch was removed and several hidden hot spots were extinguished. No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is being ruled accidental, most likely from fireworks being set off in the area.