A small microwave fire at the 12-story Gateway Towers caused six residents to be placed overnight at a hotel due to water or fire damage, officials of the Chattanooga Housing Authority said.
The fire was quickly extinguished; however, water damage occurred.
In addition, the three elevators that service the building sustained water damage. One elevator is now operational and the other two will require parts.
CHA leaders said, “We appreciate the quick action taken to address this issue as well as the patience of our residents as repairs are made.”