Partnership’s Center for Family Connections will offer the Nurturing Parenting classes beginning Thursday, Feb. 28 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Northside Neighborhood House, 9358 Daisy Pike in Soddy Daisy (former location of NNH Thrift Store). The six-week class costs $15 per class (financial grants available for those who qualify)Snacks will be provided, Registration in advance is required.
"We are thrilled to be able to partner with such a great organization and bring more opportunities to families living in north Hamilton County," said Meghan Creecy, chief program officer with NNH.
Parents will learn about:
- Strengthening the bond between you and your child/children
- Having difficult conversations with your child/children
- Recognizing and understanding your child/children’s feelings
- Alternatives to spanking your child/children
- Establishing family rules in your home
- Understanding and handling stress
“Bringing services like this to north Hamilton County is very important for those who may not be able to travel into town. We are very happy to able to use this space and bring programming to those in need,” said Elaine Bradway, program director.
For more information, contact Partnership’s Center for Family Connections at 423-697-3791.