TVA will use implosives devices (shaped charge) as part of power line work on March 18, 19 and 20 between 9 a.m. and noon. Traffic on Elder Mountain Road and Raccoon Mountain Road will be momentarily stopped during the blasts.
• One blast will be heard each morning (Mon, Tues, Wed) between 9 a.m. and noon.
• Traffic will be stopped on Elder Mountain Road and Raccoon Mountain Road for about 10 minutes while blasting occurs.
Raccoon Mountain Road will remain open the rest of the day.
• Depending on the weather, the sound may be heard/seen in downtown Chattanooga.
• TVA is notifying neighbors that blasting will occur.
• For safety, the public is not allowed in the area during the detonations.
• For public safety, recreation trails near the work area on Raccoon Mountain will be closed March 16 - 22. The public should NOT cross any barriers.
• The March 16 run will be re-routed around the work area.
• The remainder of the recreation area will remain open and is unaffected by the repair activity.