The city of East Ridge has terminated Police Chief J.R. Reed effective Wednesday (yesterday).
In November 2018, Reed was placed on administrative leave "due to matters relative to his position with the East Ridge Police Department."
Officials said, "After several months of investigation, the administration for the City determined the separation with Chief Reed was deemed necessary."
Interim City Manager Kenny Custer earlier said the probe dealt with:
- An internal financial audit of confiscated funds and goods
- Lack of department leadership
- Management of investigations
- Handling of open records requests
- Allowing a hostile employee environment to exist
Assistant Chief Stan Allen has been serving as acting chief of police.