The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Athletics Department took home a pair of top awards from the 2019-20 Collegiate Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Publications Contest, announced this week.
The Mocs were honored for their Southern Scuffle program and the Chatt Chats video feature. These honors give UTC a total of 12 since the 2010-11 academic year and five in the last two years. Chattanooga is one of only four FCS programs to win multiple CoSIDA Publication Honors.
The winning Chatt Chats video featured women's basketball senior Nakeia Burks and was produced by Assistant Director of Strategic Communications Corey Belonzi, Digital Media Services Production Director Tate Johnson and student assistant Allison Swinford.
VIDEO PROGRAM/ATHLETE FEATURE - UNIVERSITY
1. University of Tennessee at Chattanooga - Burks (Tate Johnson, Corey Belonzi, Allison Swinford)
2. Western Illinois University - Welcome Home (Joshua Hartsook, Justin Fitzpatrick)
3. Colorado State University - Farokhmanesh (Reno Boyd, Ali Farkhmanesh, John Martin)
Burks Video Feature
The Southern Scuffle program took home "Best Cover" honors in the Special Event Program category. This cover was designed by Leah Gill, UTC's Assistant Athletics Director for Digital Media Services.
SPECIAL EVENT PROGRAM - UNIVERSITY
1. Dartmouth College - Football Yankee Stadium (Pat Salvas, Rick Bender, Cindi Mansell)
2. Kansas State University - Football Yearbook (Tom Gilbert, Ron Cook)
Best Cover: University of Tennessee-Chattanooga - Scuffle Program (Jay Blackman, Leah Gill, Jim Horten)
There are over 50 categories across the board in the annual CoSIDA Publications Contest, with every program at every level having the opportunity to receive recognition for their work.