Quick work by the Red Bank Fire Department Tuesday morning contained a house fire to a bedroom and attic area.
A homeowner called 911 at 7:04 a.m. reporting a house fire at 112 Lynda Dri. The Red Bank Fire Department responded within minutes and reported smoke showing from the eaves of the home. Firefighters were notified from dispatch that all people were out of the home. They entered the home and found heavy smoke in a bedroom and fire in the attic.
Firefighters gained access to the attic and extinguished the fire within minutes.
According to Captain Richard Glover, Red Bank Fire Department, the cause of the fire was a ceiling fixture that shorted out, starting the fire in the bedroom ceiling and spreading throughout the attic.
Damages are listed at $10,000. No injuries were reported.