I confess that this year I am having a hard time with the idea of celebrating the 4th of July Independence Day. It is not because I am not thankful to God for what was done on that day, what it represents, and the blessings I’ve experienced that flow from it. On the other hand, I want to think that maybe this year’s celebration will mark a period in our history in which a new movement for independence was ignited. I hope this will help stir ... (click for more)
As one who is about good and fed up with being “socially correct” so less than 10 percent of us can dictate how the other 90 percent of us ought to think, I am going to pause today in order to share a wonderfully fun email that has been around for a while. It is aptly called, “You Could Have Heard A Pin Drop.” Before I do, I got a sweet note the other day from my dear friend Mike Stewart, who once coached the Baylor School football team, ... (click for more)
July 3, 2015
Driving out East Brainerd Road recently, I was excited to see that what I thought was the run down strip center being renovated was actually a new Walmart Neighborhood Market. I believe ... (click for more)
After reading the recent article in the Chattanoogan about the WWTA and local plumbers I think the prospect of WWTA using outside contractors would be bad for Hamilton County. As a ... (click for more)
Dear Hamilton County WWTA Board, The Lookout Mountain couple should not be required to relinquish their private property rights to WWTA land for your mere convenience. WWTA’s failure ... (click for more)
Should the U.S. Supreme Court have voted to allow gay marriage?