Unattended cooking caused damage to a homeowner's kitchen at Dallas Bay on Sunday morning.
At 10 a.m., a 911 call was made reporting a kitchen fire at Ronnie and Vickie Jones' residence at 8922 Wellthor Circle.
The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded and found smoke coming from the front of the house. Firefighters entered the home to find the kitchen was on fire. Within minutes, the fire was extinguished and contained to the kitchen area.
Chief Markus Fritts, Dallas Bay VFD, said the homeowner was cooking breakfast and walked away from the stove for a minute. When she returned, she found fire spreading throughout the kitchen.
No injuries were reported, but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for any potential injuries. Damages to the kitchen are $10,000.