In keeping with the busy day, the Chattanooga Fire Department responded to another working fire Wednesday afternoon.
At 5:18 p.m., a fire was reported at the NWA Plastics Company located at 5910 Quintas Loop Road. Upon arrival, firefighters from Quint 8 investigated the incident and discovered the remains of a fire. At this time, it appears that a motor used to power an air compressor overheated causing, it to catch on fire. As the fire began to grow, a sprinkler was activated. The activation of the sprinkler extinguished the fire prior to arrival. After it was confirmed the fire was out, the sprinkler system was turned off and loss was stopped.
At this time, no estimate of damages has been given, but with the proper action of the sprinkler system, damage was expected to be minimal. Six Chattanooga Fire companies responded to the alarm.