Hilton Head, SC – The Dalton State Lady Roadrunner tennis team downed the Northwestern College Red Raiders 5-0 in a rain shortened Friday afternoon match in the PTR Spring TennisFest.
Dalton State improved to 6-2 on the season, while Northwestern dropped to 2-4. Four of Friday’s singles matches were in progress when the match was stopped.
Singles action that was completed:
1. Laura Winter (DS) def. Frankie Eszes (NC) 8-4
3. Daniela Sanchez (DS) def. Hannah Stark (NC) 8-1
1. Winter/Chelsea Powell def; Eszes/Alex Brower 8-1
2. Sanchez/Diana Narino (DS) def. Valarie Robinson/Amanda Bueltel (NC) 8-3
3. Maria Alejandra Bejarano/Lindsay McCutchen (DS) def. Stark/McKayla Johnson 8-3
Dalton State men’s and women’s tennis teams host Itawamba College Friday at Lakeshore Park Tennis Center beginning at 2:30 p.m.