Brenau Sweeps Lady Flames Tennis
Thursday, April 10, 2014
GAINESVILLE, Ga. -- For the second straight match the Lee University Women's Tennis team took on a former Southern States Athletic Conference opponent. Unlike the previous match, the Lady Flames were handed a 9-0 defeat by Brenau University. The Golden Tigers (No. 7 in the NAIA) improved to 12-7, while Lee fell to 4-12.
The Lady Flames remain on the road and will face the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga on Thursday at the UTC Tennis Courts. The non-conference match is scheduled for a 2:30 p.m. start.
Jodie Rice and Krista Good lost 8-0 to Stephanie Moniz and Maria Perdomo Medina at No. 2 doubles. Tonya McGraner and Maclain Yowarsky were beaten 8-1 by Brenau's No. 1 doubles team of Dominika Jasova and Zalina Nazarova. Kelsey Lovingood and Annie Sandberg gave Kelley Cohron and Valeria Savina a battle, but were edged 9-7.
Brenau won all six singles matches in straight sets, including three by 6-0, 6-0 scores. Good claimed two games from Cohron, while Sandberg took three from Nazarova. Morgan Friedlander fell by a 6-3 mark in her first set and 6-2 in the second to Snezhana Kiseleva.
Brenau University 9, Lee University 0
1. Dominika Jasova (BU) def. Tonya McGraner (LU) 6-0, 6-0
2. Maria Perdomo Medina (BU) def. Maclain Yowarsky (LU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Zalina Nazarova (BU) def. Annie Sandberg (LU) 6-0, 6-3
4. Stephanie Moniz (BU) def. Jodie Rice (LU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Kelley Cohron (BU) def. Krista Good (LU) 6-1, 6-1
6. Snezhana Kiseleva (BU) def. Morgan Friedlander (LU) 6-3, 6-2
1. Dominika Jasova/Zalina Nazarova (BU) def. Tonya McGraner/Maclain Yowarsky (LU) 8-1
2. Stephanie Moniz/Maria Perdomo Medina (BU) def. Jodie Rice/Krista Good (LU) 8-0
3. Kelley Cohron/Valeria Savina (BU) def. Kelsey Lovingood/Annie Sandberg (LU) 9-7