Chattanooga firefighters responded to a reported structure fire at 5517 Woodlawn Drive around 11 a.m. on Wednesday. Firefighters with Quint 13 were the first firefighters to arrive.
Lt. Tim Greer said they located the fire in the attic and were able to extinguish the blaze in about 10 minutes. No one was injured.
Lt. Greer said the cause of the fire will be ruled accidental, most likely from an electrical malfunction. The loss was estimated at $10,000.
The fire and resulting loss of power to the house displaced a woman and her dog. Volunteers with the American Red Cross of Southeast Tennessee were called in to provide assistance to the victim.
Chattanooga Police and EPB also provided assistance.