The SSAC announced October's SSAC Men's and Women's Golfers of the Month, presented by BoxOut Sports. Hannah Sager of Faulkner (Ala.) was named SSAC Women's Golfer of the Month and S.M. Lee of Dalton State (Ga.) was named SSAC Men's Golfer of the Month, the conference office announced Saturday.
The awards are based on performance for the month of October.
Hannah Sager (Faulkner – Junior – Montgomery, Ala.)
- Sager competed in two tournaments in October, winning the RedHawk Fall Classic and Coastal Georgia Invite
- The junior beat out a field of 56 golfers at the RedHawk Fall Classic after shooting +5 149 (77, 72)
- At the Coastal Georgia Invite, Sager shot +9 153 (76, 77) to best 40 golfers
S.M. Lee (Dalton State – Sophomore – Buford, Ga.)
- Lee competed in a pair of competitive tournaments in October, finishing in the top-three in both and leading the team to a No. 2 and No. 1 finish
- At the USCB Innisbrook, he shot +5 147 (75, 72) to finish third, and at the Bojangles Intercollegiate, he shot -2 142 (73, 69) to win out of a field of 92 golfers
- On the year, he is 8-2 head-to-head v. the top 25 individuals in the country
Men's Nominees: Wade Duke, Mobile (Ala.); Philip Nijoka, Loyola (La.); Peter Peng, Faulkner (Ala.); Denver Russell, Blue Mountain (Miss.)
Women's Nominees: Diandre Schaeper, Mobile (Ala.); Ashley Rogers, Loyola (La.); Caroline Griffin, Dalton State (Ga.); Dejone Stemmett, Blue Mountain (Miss.)
Previous Winners (Women, Men)
September: Isabel Rijos (Dalton State), Philip Nijoka (Loyola)