Five initiatives of BlueCare Tennessee have been selected by Medicaid Health Plans of America (MHPA) for inclusion in its latest collection of best practices.
The industry group spotlighted BlueCare’s efforts to increase the overall health status of its membership of approximately 450,000 through improving participation in and tracking of preventive care, as well as programs emphasizing care for children.
“We strive to be effective and innovative in providing services to our members and the state of Tennessee,” said Scott Pierce, BlueCare Tennessee president and CEO. “It’s gratifying, affirming and humbling to have MHPA recognize these initiatives as worthy of being emulated.”
The BlueCare Tennessee initiatives MHPA highlighted as best practices are:
· Targeted telephone outreach to members who had not received mammograms
· A unique system to track each member’s screening, diagnosis, and treatment
· Fostering integration of physical and mental health care throughout the organization
· Enhanced coordination of health care for children in foster care
· Bringing on-site well child exams to members who are students in Memphis schools
The MHPA compiles best practices of its members in order to share successes among Medicaid Health Plans. BlueCare Tennessee serves members through its plans BlueCare East, BlueCare West, TennCare Select and the long-term care CHOICES program.