Uren, Bob

Korean War Veteran Was Captain In Alhambra Shrine Dune Buggy Patrol

Saturday, February 16, 2013
Bob Uren
Bob Uren

Bob Uren, 82, of Soddy Daisy, died on Thursday, February 14, 2013. 

He was a member and deacon of New Salem Baptist Church. He was a U.S. Air Force veteran having served in the Korean War. He was a member of Masonic Lodge 418 F&M, Alhambra Shrine and served as captain and chaplain of the Dune Buggy Patrol. 

He was preceded in death by his parents, Roy and Pauline Uren, and son, Kembal Uren.

Survivors include his wife of 62 years, Nancy Newman Uren; brother, Bill (Lois) Uren; daughter, Raylene Uren Everett; daughter-in-law, Gordenna Uren; grandchildren, Brandon (Megan) Everett, Steven (Marilyn) Everett, John Douglas (Carleitha) Everett, Rexanne Cagel and Curtis Helton; great grandchildren, Lilyanna Everett, Lacey Blaylock, Cody Everett, Jacob Everett, Kelsey Everett, Hayley Everett; and many nieces and nephews.

The funeral service will be on Sunday, Feb. 17, at 2 p.m., in the funeral home chapel with Reverend Alan Rogers officiating. Interment will follow in Hamilton Memorial Gardens. 

Honorary pallbearers will be the Harvesters Sunday School Class of which Bob was a member, with the Alhambra Shrine serving as honor guards. 

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that contributions be made to New Salem Baptist Church, 9806 Dallas Hollow Road, Soddy Daisy, Tn. 37379. 

The family will receive friends from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. on Saturday. 

Condolences and memories may be shared at www.williamsonandsons.com. 

Arrangements are by Williamson and Sons Funeral Home, 8852 Dayton Pike, Soddy Daisy, Tn. 37379.


Hallas, Wilma Kathryn

Wilma Kathryn Hallas, 73 of Georgetown, Tennessee, went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, July 19. She was predeceased by her parents, Marion and Mary Shoemake; brothers, Harry and Lamar Shoemake and sister-in-law, Margie Shoemake. Survivors include her children, Mary Lee (Johnny) Sims, Anthony Verda, Danny Blake; brother, James (Carolann) Shoemake; seven grandchildren; ... (click for more)

Worley, Boyd "Junior"

Boyd “Junior” Worley, 51, of Chattanooga passed away on July 20, 2017. He was a member of the Baptist Faith.  He is preceded in death by his parents; Boyd Worley and Icy Morton; sister, Loretta Dempsey. Survivors include his siblings, Judy Worley, Diane (Randy) Ledford, Rickey Barnhill; several nieces and nephews; special friend, Cindy Harris. Funeral ... (click for more)

Williams, Warren "Sonny" Hardie (LaFayette)

Warren "Sonny" Hardie Williams, 63, of LaFayette, passed away Thursday, July 20, 2017. Sonny enjoyed swimming, walking his dog, and nature. He was a devoted husband, father, and grandfather. He was preceded in death by his parents, Hardie Williams and Gwendolyn Chandler Williams. He is survived by his wife, Renee Bowers Williams; daughters, Paula Williams, Mendy Scott, ... (click for more)

Phillips, Janice Marie (Dayton)

Janice Marie Phillips, 60, of Dayton, died on Wednesday, July 19, 2017, at Rhea Medical Center in Dayton. She was born on May 19, 1957, in Knoxville to the late James and Reba (Capps) Braden. She was also preceded in death by her husband, Ralph Phillips, her brother, James Braden and sister, Carole Braden. Janice lived most of her life in Dayton where she was a homemaker. ... (click for more)

Fire Causes #32,000 In Damage To Ooltewah Home

Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) battled a house fire at 4137 E. Freemond Circle (Ooltewah) early Saturday afternoon. At  12:52 p.m. , a 911 call was made reporting a fire in the basement of her home. Tri-Community VFD responded and arrived on the scene reporting heavy smoke coming from the basement of the home. Firefighters worked quickly to contained ... (click for more)

Fire On Rogers Road Temporarily Leaves 2 Families Homeless

An early morning duplex fire left two Chattanooga families temporarily homeless.   The Chattanooga Fire Department received the alarm at  3:01 a.m. on Saturday  and responded to 4513 Rogers Road with five fire companies. Battalion Chief Rick Boatwright said the first arriving firefighters located the fire in the kitchen of the "A" side of the duplex. ... (click for more)