A home was damaged by fire on Wednesday morning in the Middle Valley area.
A homeowner called 911 at 11:50 a.m., reporting a kitchen fire at 1031 Old Mill Lane. The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded within minutes .
Once firefighters gained entry into the house, they reported fire on the stove and the kitchen cabinets. Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the fire and succeeded in containing the fire to the kitchen.
Chief Markus Fritts, Dallas Bay VFD, reported the fire started from unattended cooking.
No injuries were reported and damaged are listed at $2,000. The homeowner, David Marshall, was insured.