Greeneville, TN. - The Tusculum College women (20-2) handled the Lady Roadrunners on Sunday afternoon, 7-2.
The only Dalton State women’s victories were at number two doubles and number two singles.
The Lady Roadrunners number two doubles team of Diana Narino and Daniela Sanchez edged out the Pioneers’ Erin Mills and Adrienne Kaye, 8-6. Before Sunday, Mills and Kaye had teamed-up for 16 wins in 18 outings.
At number one doubles, Kealee Hefner and Kate Hutchinson (TC) def. Chelsea Powell and Lindsay McCutchen (DS), 8-0. At number three, Emily. Waters and Amanda Sumner (TC) def. Laura Winter and Maria Alejandra Bejarano (DS), 8-2.
1. Sarah Baker (TC) def. Chelsea Powell (DS), 4-6, 6-3 (10-8)
2. Laura Winter (DS) def. Erin Mills (TC), 7-6, 6-2
3. Kealee Heafner (TC) def. Diana Narino (DS), 6-0, 6-2
4. Adrienne Kaye (TC) def. Daniela Sanchez (DS), 6-2, 6-1
5. Amanda Sumner (TC) def. Lindsay McCutchen (DS), 6-0, 6-0
6. Emily Waters (TC) def. Maria Alejandra Bejarano (DS), 6-1, 6-1
The Dalton State women (9-7) will host Snead State at Lakeshore Park Tennis Center, at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 19.