Two Chattanooga school library media specialists, Laura Howell Dowd and Lindsey Melton McCarter, are organizing a summer reading campaign for all ages.
As a Chattanooga PEF TeacherPreneur 2.0, these two librarians are working as a nonprofit to promote pleasure reading through a hashtag campaign- #SelfiesAndShelfies for readers of all ages to share the love of reading.
Readers of all ages may use any form of social media as a means of showcasing the books, blogs, magazines, websites, and various genres that readers are enjoying simply by using the hashtag campaign and taking a “Selfie for your Shelfie.”
How the program works:
1. Snap a selfie with your reading material included.
2. Post your photo online using the hashtag #Selfiesandshelfies.
"Look online for other readers by searching on Google, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, or Instagram and use the search term: #selfiesandshelfies. The #SelfiesandShelfies Photo Booth will be featured at the Downtown Public Library's Summer Reading Celebration on July 30. Join the Movement today by simply taking a Selfie for your Shelfie. Let's build an online community of readers," organizers said.
Social media contact information:
- FaceBook Public Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/207380382968384/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/selfiesshelfies or @SelfiesSHelfies
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/selfiesandshelfies/ or @SelfiesAndSHelfies
- Gmail: SelfiesAndSHelfies@gmail.com
- SnapChat: SelfiesShelfies