"The leaves in the Chattanooga area have just started changing, but there’s a 100 percent chance of snowflakes in the Creative Discovery Museum on Saturday, Nov. 18 from noon-4 p.m. during Snow Day," Museum officials announced. "Museum guests will be able to spend the afternoon enjoying the first 'snow fall' in Chattanooga with special guests Jack Frost and Suzy Snowflake as they participate in many wintry activities."
• Snowflake Decorations in the Art Studio from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Enjoy Snowflake Tortillas in Culinary Corner at noon
• Join Jack Frost and friends as they enjoy the snow falling every thirty minutes in the Museum Atrium beginning at 1 p.m.
• Create special winter-related art at Creation Station and in the Art Studio from noon-4 p.m.
• Cool face painting in the Art Studio from 1:30-4 p.m.
• Hot Cocoa Café will take place in the Culinary Corner with festive music from local musician Rick Rushing from 2-4 p.m.
• Welcome in winter with Suzy Snowflake’s Dance Party in the Museum Atrium at 3 p.m.
“Snow Day gives kids a brilliant opportunity to engage all of their senses and actively participate in creative winter fun,” said Amy Barrett, Museum experience manager. “Snow Day is a tradition with families as they celebrate the beginning of winter and kick off the holiday season at the Museum with fun educational activities for the whole family.”
All activities and materials are included with paid Museum admission.
For more information, call 423-756-2738.