Hooters of Chattanooga, 5912 Brainerd Road, is hosting a 5K race on the 4th of July with all proceeds benefitting the Wounded Warriors Project.
The race kicks off at 10 a.m. so runners are asked to arrive starting at 9 a.m., which will start at Hooters and go down around Camp Jordan before looping back. The standard registration is $35, but with the code SQUAD UP, participants can get $10 off.
There are three ways participations can "Carry Forward" while running or walking:
• Flag - carry a flag to show patriotism. Small flags will be provided to all participants, but participants can bring their own flag;
• Fitness - carry a weight to represent the responsibility veterans carry; or
• Fierce - carry another person to symbolize one warrior carrying another
You can also host your own virtual race:
• Each participant will have a fundraising page that ties back to their event;
• Receive editable marketing materials - posters, handouts, social media banners, gifs and more;
• Have access to Wounded Warrior Projects’ Carry Forward logo; and
• Get with a runners kit that contains the 2020 medal, runners bib, flag, eye blacks, drawstring bag, a supporter wristband and more
To sign up for the virtual 5K component or simply donate as part of Hooters cause, visit: https://carryforward.woundedwarriorproject.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=7747.