A home was damaged after chimney fire in Hixson, Friday evening.
Neighbors called 911 reporting a chimney fire at 7016 Fairington Circle in Hixson.
At 9:21 p.m., the Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded and arrived on the scene confirming fire showing on the side of the home.
Since everyone was out of the home, firefighters started attacking the fire quickly to contain it. No injuries were reported, but HCEMS was on the scene for any potential injuries to the first responders.
The Dallas Bay VFD requested a Mutual Aid response for the Red Bank Fire Department to stand by in their district for any additional emergency calls and a truck to the scene for additional manpower.
The cause of the fire is accidental and started in the chimney. Damages are unknown at this time.
The American Red Cross will be responding to help the family with their immediate needs.