Hamilton County Emergency Management continues to receive important winter weather information from the National Weather Service in Morristown, Tn. This is a brief overview of the on-going winter weather for Friday and throughout the weekend.
Wind Chill Temperatures Friday morning and again Friday night
· Wind Chill Temperatures Friday morning are extremely cold across the area with a Wind Chill Advisory for the Hamilton County area through the weekend.
· Wind Chills in Hamilton County will be as low as-5 to -15 degrees Friday morning for the higher elevations. In the valley, temperatures will generally range from -2 to +10 degrees this morning.
· Tonight, wind chills once again will surge below zero in the higher elevations with readings of -5 to -10 common in those areas, and in the valley values from 0 to +12.
Wintry Weather for Sunday night through Monday morning
· On Sunday, most areas will rise above freezing during the day, but then will dip below freezing Sunday night. There is a chance of freezing rain or possibly sleet Sunday night and into Monday morning until warmer air pushes into the area and changes the precipitation over to just rain.
· By Monday afternoon, temperatures in Hamilton County are expected to rise above freezing and the area will be getting just a cold rain.
· Right now, it looks like impacts would be limited, due to how light most of the precipitation will be while temperatures are below freezing, and that it looks like by the time moderate rains move into the area temperatures will already be above freezing.
· This possible freezing rain event is still a few days away and officials will be watching it closely.