UTC's Van Hee Wins Match at Alabama
Saturday, February 3, 2018
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga freshman Emma Van Hee scored a three-set win at No. 6 singles in the Mocs dual match at Alabama today. UTC (2-1) dropped the team score 6-1 to the Crimson Tide who improved to 8-0 overall.
Van Hee dropped the opening set in a tiebreaker [6-7 (5)] to Alba Cortina-Pou. Van Hee battled back to take the second frame 6-3. With the team score decided, they played a super-tiebreaker for the third set, which Van Hee won 10-7. She improved to 2-0 in the spring with this impressive win on her 19th birthday.
“It was a great match,” stated UTC head coach Chad Camper. “We fought. All of the doubles were close, Caroline Hall lost in a breaker in the second and Tamri went three sets.
“I am really proud of this team. The new kids are developing and the older girls are really stepping up in the lineup. I think we have good things to come. We have a tough one tomorrow, but we just keep improving. That is the goal.”
The Mocs travel to Austin Peay for a 2:00 p.m.
(E.S.T.) match tomorrow in Clarksville, Tenn. Be sure to check back to GoMocs.com for complete results.
Alabama 6, Chattanooga 1
Feb 03, 2018 at Tuscaloosa, Ala. (Roberta Alison Baumgardner)
1. Andie Daniell/Ann Selim (UA) def. Samantha Caswell/Emma Van Hee (UTC) 6-3
2. Alba Cortina-Pou/Luca Fabian (UA) def. Delaney Edwards/Bogdana Zaporozhets (UTC) 6-4
3. Smith Hinton/Jacqueline Pelletier (UA) def. Caroline Hall/Tamri Chalaganidze (UTC) 6-2
1. #106 Andie Daniell (UA) def. Samantha Caswell (UTC) 6-1, 6-1
2. Smith Hinton (UA) def. Delaney Edwards (UTC) 6-4, 6-4
3. Luca Fabian (UA) def. Caroline Hall (UTC) 6-4, 7-6 (7-4)
4. Ann Selim (UA) def. Bogdana Zaporozhets (UTC) 6-0, 6-1
5. Kylie Moulin (UA) def. Tamri Chalaganidze (UTC) 3-6, 7-6 (7-3), 10-4
6. Emma Van Hee (UTC) def. Alba Cortina-Pou (UA) 6-7 (5-7), 6-3, 10-7