Soddy-Daisy High School announces its Alumni Hall of Fame 2018 Induction Ceremony to be held on Friday, March 23 at 8:30 a.m. in the high school gymnasium.
"The purpose of the Alumni Hall of Fame is to give SDHS students the opportunity to catch a vision for success in their own lives by learning about the accomplishments of SDHS alumni. To this purpose, alumni will be recognized who have made the greatest contributions to our school, our community, the nation or the world," officials said.
The inaugural event was held March 6, 2009; 2018 marks the tenth class to be inducted, and 77 alumni have been recognized prior to this year’s program. This is Soddy-Daisy High School’s 81st year of existence, and there are 18,000 graduates to date.
Soddy-Daisy High School Hall of Fame Inductees - Class of 2018:
1. Gene “Corky” Parrott - 1946 WWII/Korea fighter pilot, 104 missions. Signal Mtn.
Cement Co. Signal Mountain.
2. Larry Mangum - 1959 retired USPS. 40-year umpire, referee. Movie “42”.
3. Chuck Williamson - 1968 funeral director, Williamson & Sons, 45 years.
4. Paul Arp - 1981 U.S. Navy captain, retired. Certified registered nurse
anesthetist, Special advisor to the director, Nursing Corps. Moyock, NC.
5. Dr. Melanie Hill Scott - 1985 valedictorian, National Merit Commended Scholar,.
Vanderbilt University, magna cum laude, U.T. Med School,
summa cum laude, 1st in a class of 145.
Melanie H. Scott, M.D., P.C. Diagnostic Imaging, Huntsville, Al.
6. Jermaine Swafford - 1992 All-American linebacker, captain, Marshall University
Football. Vice-president, CSX Railroad, Jacksonville, Fl.
The public is invited to attend the ceremony.
Gene “Corky” Parrott 1946
Larry Mangum 1959
Chuck Williamson 1968
Paul Arp 1981
Dr. Melanie Hill Scott 1985
Jermaine Swafford 1992