ALDI will host a hiring event for its Chattanooga-area stores on Friday. Known for offering market-leading wages and health insurance, ALDI is one of the fastest growing retailers in the U.S., creating new opportunities for people locally and nationwide. The event will be held from 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at Holiday Inn Express, 440 West Martin Luther King Boulevard.
ALDI is nationally recognized for its commitment to employees. The company offers generous wages and benefits that are higher than the national average for the retail industry. In 2017, ALDI was named a National 2017 Top Workplace by Workplace Dynamics, which recognizes organizations with the highest employee engagement. Additionally, ALDI appeared on the Forbes list of America’s Best Large Employers for the fourth consecutive year in 2018.
The hiring event support the upcoming Signal Mountain store that is part of the $3.4 billion investment by ALDI to build new stores across the country. With plans to expand to 2,500 stores nationwide by the end of 2022 – a 25% increase from the more than 1,750 U.S. stores currently operating – ALDI is expected to create an additional 25,000 jobs.
• Store Associates: $12.00 per hour, plus a pay increase after six months of employment
· Shift Managers: $16.50/manager hour worked ($12.00 per hour plus additional $4.50 per hour when performing manager duties), base rate will increase after six months of employment
• Must be 18 years or older to apply
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Drug screening and background check
• Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., Monday – Sunday
• Retail experience preferred
• Ability to lift 45 pounds
ALDI Quick Facts:
• Employees averaging more than 25 hours per week are eligible for full health insurance benefits and dental coverage
• All employees are invited to participate in ALDI 401(k) program
• Offers employees generous wages and benefits that are higher than the national average for the retail industry