The Chattanooga Division of Transportation announces the following weekend special event road closures:
Nightfall - Cherry Street/Martin Luther King Boulevard/Market Street
• Cherry Street will be closed at E. MLK Boulevard on Friday from 3 p.m.-midnight for Nightfall setup.
• Market Street will be closed from East 8th Street to East 10th Street, and ML King Boulevard will be closed from Broad Street to Georgia Avenue from 5:30 p.m.-midnight.
• These closures will be in effect each Friday night through Sept.
Pops On The River - River Street/N. Market Street/Tremont Street
River Street between Tremont Street and Cherokee Boulevard will be closed to through traffic beginning Saturday, July 2 at 6 a.m.
The following roads will be closed starting Saturday, July 2 from 4-10:30 p.m.:
• River Street from Tampa Street to Cherokee Boulevard;
• Tremont Street from Frazier Avenue to the Chattanooga Theater Center; and
• East sidewalk of the Market Street Bridge.
Riverfront Nights - Riverfront Parkway
Riverfront Parkway between Power Alley and Chestnut Street will be closed on Saturday, July 2 from 6-10 p.m. for Riverfront Nights. All vehicles over two axles, including tractor-trailers, must use Aquarium Way or W. Martin Luther King Boulevard as a detour.
Chattanooga Football Club Home Match
The following roads will be closed on Saturday, July 2 from 4:30 p.m.-midnight:
• Reggie White Boulevard between the Chattanooga Skate Park north entrance and W. 20th Street (Reggie White will remain closed until 6 p.m. Sunday for the Chattanooga Market);
• Chestnut Street between W. 17th Street and W. 19th Street; and
• W. 19th Street between Reggie White Boulevard and Chestnut Street.
Street parking will be prohibited on Chestnut Street within the closure on the dates/times listed above. Vehicles left within the closure will be towed at the owner's expense.
Chattanooga Market - Reggie White Boulevard
Reggie White Boulevard will be closed in front of the First Horizon Pavilion on Sunday, July 3 for the Chattanooga Market. This Sunday’s theme is “Red, White & Blueberries.”
Jefferson Heights 4th of July Block Party
Jefferson Street between E. 18th and E. 19th Street will be closed Monday, July 4 from noon-11 p.m.
View CDOT's map of events and road closures
for full details of these activities and other projects underway in our public space.