The Chattanooga Division of Transportation announces the following upcoming special event road closures:
The following roads and intersections will be closed beginning Friday, May 26 from 5:30 p.m.-midnight:
• Cherry Street at E. MLK Boulevard (begins at 3 p.m. for set-up);
• Market Street between East 8th Street and East 10th Street;
• MLK Boulevard between Broad Street and Georgia Avenue; and
• Street parking on Georgia Ave will be restricted
These closures will be in effect each Friday night through Sept.
Chattanooga Football Club Home Match
The following roads will be closed on Saturday, May 27 from 4 p.m.-midnight:
• Reggie White Boulevard between the Chattanooga Skate Park north entrance and W. 20th Street (Reggie White will remain closed until 6 p.m. Sunday for the Chattanooga Market);
• Chestnut Street between W. 17th Street and W. 19th Street; and
• W 19th Street between Reggie White Boulevard and Chestnut Street.
Street parking will be prohibited on Chestnut Street within the closure on the dates/times listed above. Vehicles left within the closure will be towed at the owner's expense.
The following roads will be closed Sunday, May 28 at 8 p.m. until Tuesday, June 6 at 2 p.m.:
• Riverfront Parkway between north Molly Lane intersection and E. Aquarium Way;
• Chestnut Street between W. Aquarium Way and Riverfront Parkway; and
• Power Alley between W. Aquarium Way and Riverfront Parkway.
On Sunday, June 4, the following restrictions on the Market Street Bridge will take place:
• Right, the southbound lane between Frazier Avenue and E. 1st Street will be closed at 8 a.m.; and
• Full closure of the Market Street Bridge to vehicle and pedestrian traffic between Frazier Avenue and E. 1st Street from 10:45-11 p.m. (estimated time). Full access will be granted once the fireworks end.
Reggie White Boulevard between W. 19th Street and the Skate Park access road will remain closed after Saturday's Chattanooga Football Club match and will reopen Sunday, June 12 at 6 p.m. The Market's theme will be 'Ice Cream Social'.
The following roads will be closed on Monday, May 29 for the annual Chattanooga Chase from 5:30-10:30 a.m.:
• Barton Avenue between Terrace Avenue and Dorchester Road;
• Dorchester Road between Hixson Pike (CVS parking lot) and Sterling Avenue; and
• Hanover Street between Hixson Pike and Dorchester Road.
The northbound right lane on Hixson Pike will be closed between Woodhill Drive and Minnekahda Place for participants. The following roads will remain open; however, drivers are encouraged to use extreme caution as runners will be present between 5:30-10:30 a.m: Minnekahda Place, Woodhill Drive, Shady Circle, Sunset Road, Riverview Road, Dorchester Road, Concord Street, North Avenue and Devonshire Avenue.
View CDOT's map of events and road closures
for full details of these activities and other projects underway in our public space.