The Alzheimer’s Association has created an education program covering the basics of Alzheimer’s and dementia to provide a general overview for people who are facing a diagnosis, as well as those who wish to be informed. The program will be held at Dominion Senior Living, 2143 Northpoint Blvd. in Hixson on Thursday, Oct. 25 from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided
The free one-hour "Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia program:
- Explores the relationship between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia;
- Examines what happens in a brain affected by Alzheimer’s;
- Details the risk factors for and three general stages of the disease;
- Identifies FDA-approved treatments available to treat some symptoms;
- Looks ahead to what’s on the horizon for Alzheimer’s research; and
- Offers helpful Alzheimer’s Association resources.
Call 423-265-3600 or email Amy French at email@example.com to learn more or sign up.