LAUNCH CHA announced that it will soon be offering Work for Yourself@50+ workshops in the community.
AARP Foundation’s Work for Yourself@50+ will help low- and moderate-income adults age 50+ gain the knowledge, support, and resources they need to make informed decisions and take the right first steps toward successful self-employment. The 90-minute workshop will walk participants through the Work for Yourself@50+ materials and connect them with local resources to help them reach their goals.
The first workshop will be offered on Feb. 23, at 6 p.m. All workshops will be held at Edney Innovation Building (1100 Market Street) on Floor 5.
The decision to start a business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps:
· A careful consideration of the potential and perils of working for yourself
· Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
· A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
· Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
· Ways to find trustworthy support and services
To learn more about Work for Yourself@50+, visit aarpfoundation.org/workforyourself. Contact AARP Foundation at 888-339-5617 to register for an upcoming workshop.
Work for Yourself@50+ is made possible through a grant from The Hartford.