Life Care Centers of America bestowed this year’s awards for excellence in an array of presentations Monday evening, Aug. 27, at its headquarters in Cleveland.
The Chairman’s Award for outstanding commitment to excellence went to Jeff Thomas, executive director at Life Care Center of Altamonte Springs, Fl. The Carl W. Campbell Wind Beneath My Wings Award for the company-wide volunteer of the year went to Alexandra DeMello, who volunteers her time at Life Care Center of New Market, Va.
“The winners of these awards – both for performance and volunteerism – reflect the professional skill and the heart for service demonstrated daily by thousands of people across our company,” said Beecher Hunter, Life Care president.
“They are compelled by a remarkable faith and love.”
Mr. Thomas has served Life Care for more than 16 years, including as an executive director, field controller, division controller and regional vice president. He was commended for fostering a strong sense of camaraderie and appreciation among his staff and for his substantial efforts at remodeling the facility.
Ms. DeMello has been a volunteer at Life Care Center of New Market for the past nine years, serving five days a week for five to six hours a day. She helps residents with activities, assists on outings, distributes mail daily and tends to the facility’s aviary. She is unable to drive because of a childhood diagnosis of epilepsy, but she enjoys giving of herself and sharing her time with the residents.
The Youth Volunteer of the Year Award went to JR Horton, who volunteers at Life Care Center of Sparta, Tn., and the Group Volunteer of the Year Award went to Jim and Chris Stieler for their service to Life Care Center of Littleton, Co.
Facility of the Year honors went to:
• Life Care Center of Seneca, Ks. in the Central Division
• Life Care Center of Tullahoma, Tn. in the Eastern Division
• Hallmark Nursing Center in Denver in the Mountain States Division
• Life Care Center of West Bridgewater, Ma. in the Northeast Division
• Life Care Center of Idaho Falls, Id. in the Northwest Division
• Darcy Hall of Life Care in West Palm Beach, Fl. in the Southeast Division
• Life Care Center of Las Vegas in the Southwest Division
President’s Awards went to:
• Amber Janeczko, executive director at Life Care Center of Valparaiso, In. and Holly Gentry, executive director at Life Care Center of Fort Wayne, In. for the Central Division
• DJ Slivka, executive director at Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village in Old Hickory, Tn. and Scott Hunt, executive director at Life Care Center of Morristown, Tn. for the Eastern Division
• Cassie Granger, director of rehab at Life Care Center of Haltom in Fort Worth, Tx. for the Gulf States Region
• Brenda Files, director of food services at University Park Care Center in Pueblo, Co. and Mark Mann, executive director at Life Care Center of Hilo, Hi. for the Mountain States Division
• Kate O’Connor, vice president of the Patriot Region, and Tina Brouillet, division director of rehab, for the Northeast Division
• Lisa Voss, field controller for the Cascades Region, and Tiffany Goin, executive director at Life Care Center of Lewiston, Id. for the Northwest Division
• Alexander Torres, director of nutrition services at Life Care Center of Port St. Lucie, Fl. and Tricia Nappo, director of clinical services for the Citrus Region, for the Southeast Division
• John Baker, field controller for the Silver Region, and Larue Lahvic, division executive secretary, for the Southwest Division
The Division Support Award went to Sally Wolf, division controller for the Central Division.