An infant was injured in a duplex fire on Tuesday afternoon.
The Chattanooga Fire Department was called around 12:10 p.m. to the fire in the 700 block of Curve Street in North Chattanooga.
When crews arrived, heavy smoke was coming from the unit on the right side of the duplex.
Firefighters started to attack the flames, which had moved to the attic.
They were monitoring hot spots. They also worked to protect the unit on the other side of the duplex.
The residents got out, but an infant suffered minor burns and was taken to the hospital.
Multiple companies were on the scene. The impacted duplex suffered extensive damage.
It appears the fire started in a bedroom and is believed to be accidental. It is still under investigation.