Chattanooga firefighters responded to a house fire at 117 Amhurst Ave. around 3 a.m. on Monday.
The first firefighters on the scene reported significant flames on the backside of the house. Battalion Chief Nate Middlebrooks said the firefighters worked quickly with hand-held hoselines to get the blaze under control in roughly 20 minutes.
The house was unoccupied and no injuries were reported.
The cause has been ruled accidental. The fire investigator said the fire started on or near a charcoal grill and then spread to the exterior of the house.
The loss was $150,000.