A home was damaged by fire early Sunday morning.
The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 1416 Greenwood Road. The first arriving fire companies reported smoke and flames visible from the structure. It took fire crews from E15, E4, E5, Q10, and S1 about 15 minutes to get the fire under control.
No injuries were reported as all people had evacuated the residence prior to fire departments arrival. However, three adults were displaced and received assistance from the American Red Cross.
The cause of the fire had been ruled accidental and most likely started in a bedroom where a space heater had been located to close to combustible materials.
The property loss is estimated to be approximately $5,000.