A home was damaged by fire on Saturday.
At approximately 12 p.m., Chattanooga firefighters from Q10, E4, E5, Q2, and S7 were dispatched to a reported residential fire at 1108 Queens Dr.
Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy fire coming from the structure. A teenager, who was in the residence at the time of the fire, was outside and safe upon the CFD's arrival.
Incident Commander BC David Thompson, called Red Cross responded to the scene to assist the residents.
Firefighters were able to save an estimated total of $30,000 in structure and contents.
The fire was determined to be in the kitchen and possibly caused by unattended food being cooked on the stove.
The Chattanooga Police Department, Hamilton County EMS, and EPB all responded to the scene to assist.