Officials at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum said, "In keeping with the Governor's Executive Order issued Sunday we will are extending our suspension of all public rides with a hoped for reopen date of April 10. Dinner, Summerville Steam, Chickamauga Turn and Hiwassee trains however, will remain closed at that time with no specific reopening date at this time . Plans now are to begin operating the Missionary Ridge Local on April 10. We will be offering to transfer ticket holders, through April 9, to future train rides or a refund. Updates to our schedule of rides will be posted on our website at tvrail.com and on social media channels.
"Day out with Thomas has been postponed to Aug. 15, 16, 22 and 23. Ticket web will be managing all refunds. The event will be both Thomas and Percy and plans are for the exact same schedule as we had set for May.
"We are contacting each ticket holder for rides through April 9 to process transfers or returns. Please allow 48 to 72 hours for all refunds to be processed.
"We recommend that everyone continue to follow best practices recommended by the CDC to ensure good health including the following:
• Stay at home when you are sick;
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash;
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating, and after going to the bathroom, blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects daily;
• Hand sanitizers should contain at least 60% – 95% alcohol; and
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
"We are following updates and recommendations from the CDC, WHO, the Tennessee Department of Health, Georgia Department of Public Health and local health officials. We will post additional updates as necessary.
"We recommend the following links to science-based sources of information about this virus from the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.: