In an abundance of caution and for the safety of customers, employees and the public, the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum has made the decision to suspend all public rides effective March 14 with a hoped for reopen date of March 21.
Officials said, "We have also cancelled March 14th Summerville Local train rides.
We will be offering to transfer ticket holders to future train rides or a refund. Updates to our schedule of rides will be posted on our website at tvrail.com and on social media channels."
"Currently all plans for Day out with Thomas are still set. As changes occur, we will keep all informed via our social media channels, on our webpage tvrail.com
and via email to ticket holders. In the event of Day Out With Thomas cancellation all ticket holders will receive a refund through TicketWeb.
"We are contacting each ticket holder for rides March 14 - 20 to process transfers or returns. Please allow 48 to 72 hours for all refunds to be processed.
"We recommend that everyone continue to follow best practices recommended by the CDC to ensure good health including the following:
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating, and after going to the bathroom, blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
- Hand sanitizers should contain at least 60% – 95% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.